Thursday, December 5, 2013

Self Assesment #1


Fall 2013, Marking Period #2

Due date: Dec. 6, Jan. 17

12/5/13

So far this marking period, I believe I have participated well because although I work at a slower pace than most of my fellow peers, I have managed to get pretty much everything done while still jumping out of my comfort zone and trying new things. I am trying my best to stay with the class and still produce quality, interesting artwork. I am used to having few big projects to work on for several weeks than many small home works and projects that take about a week or two to finish. I think this new style of learning is starting to help me be more creative because I have more opportunity to think of ideas. My performance has been taken to the next level in my painting skills by using new techniques we have learned in class such as using colors to display darkness other than black. I personally have discovered that my strength is in acrylic painting and drawing things that are in front of me to look at. An example of this would be the scenery painting. I have started to expand my creativity and try just going with the flow and drawing or painting whatever comes to my mind like what we did in class. I have also begun to use materials that are unfamiliar to me to make my work look different than usual and more exciting to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment